FTA Mini Card, 2 sample areas per card
- Improves process efficiency by enabling direct amplification for STR analysis.
- Ideal for colored samples, like blood.
- Immediate stabilization and protection of nucleic acids due to FTA technology.
- Different card options to support manual or automated processing for fast and efficient sampling.
- Long term archiving of samples at room temperature due to FTA card technology.
Whatman FTA technology consists of two distinct chemistries, both of which have the ability to lyse cells on contact, denature proteins, and protect DNA from degradation. FTA chemistry contains chemical denaturants and a free radical scavenger. With FTA, the DNA remains tightly bound while proteins and inhibitors are washed from the matrix. There are three options for DNA analysis with FTA cards: direct amplification, standard amplification with rinsing (“punch-in” method), and extraction of DNA from the card.
FTA cards are available as non-indicating cards for use with colored samples, such as blood.