Polycap SPF 75 Capsule Filter, 1.0 μm, with SB inlet and outlet (1 pc)
GE’s Whatman Polycap SPF (Serum Prefilter) Capsule Filters are optimized for prefiltration applications. They are typically used upstream of a Polycap AS or a Polycap TC capsule during enzyme and buffer filtration.
- Three layers of filter media: fine glass microfiber (GMF), ultrafine GMF, and polyethersulfone (PES)
- Suitable for hard-to-filter solutions, particularly sera and protein solutions
- Can be sterilized by autoclaving
- Manufactured according to ISO9001:2008 QMS standards
- Well suited for serum, viral suspension, nutrient, biological, immunological, enzyme, and buffer filtration
Whatman Polycap capsule filters are available in a variety of formats to meet your filtration needs. Browse the Whatman range from GE Healthcare’s Life Sciences business to find the right capsule filter for your application.
Capsule filters for serum filtration
Biological filtration, especially serum filtration, is often difficult because of the high concentration of complex particulates, lipids, triglycerides, and lipoproteins in solution that can clog filters. Single-layer membrane filters clog rapidly without proper prefiltration.
Polycap SPF prefilters are highly suitable for biological filtration, especially serum, buffer, and enzyme filtration, because of the density graded pre-filtration layers they contain. Prefiltration with Whatman Polycap SPF can help extend the life of the final filter.
Looking for a filter paper, membrane filter, or syringe filter? Let GE help you find the optimal filter for your needs to ensure reliable analysis.