Polycap GW 75, Ground Water Sampling Capsule Filter, 0.45 μm, PES (100 pcs)
Specifically designed for field sampling, GE’s Whatman Polycap GW ground water sampling filter capsules are a polyethersulfone (PES) filter that can be used as a convenient in-line filter unit.
- Stepped hose barb fittings allow for connection directly to outlet of a sampling pump with various size tubing
- Effective filtration surface area of 600 cm2 to ensure rapid sample collection
- PES filters in thermally fused housing eliminate sample contamination that could come from glues, adhesives, metals, epoxies, or extraneous materials
- Lot number printed on each unit for traceability supports use in regulated field sampling methods such as EPA Method 3005 for ground water analysis
- Well suited for ground water sampling as a dissolved metals filter
Whatman Polycap filter capsules are available for a variety of applications. Browse the Whatman range from GE Healthcare’s Life Sciences business to find the right filter for your needs.
PES filter for ground water sampling
The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and other environmental protection agencies have protocols specifying support of ground water sampling with a 0.45 μm filter prior to analyzing dissolved or suspended metals (EPA Method 3005).
Whatman Polycap GW PES filter capsules support dissolved metals filtering during field sampling and can be connected directly to a sampling pump. These filters are appropriate for use in EPA methods that specify use of a 0.45 μm filter.
Looking for a filter paper, membrane filter, or syringe filter? Let GE help you find the optimal filter for your needs to ensure reliable analysis.